A Hy-Grade Steel Roofing System is an environmentally friendly roofing solution. Here are a few reasons why:
Produces Less Waste
- A Hy-Grade Steel Roofing System produces less waste than replacing your roof with traditional asphalt shingles. Our roofing system goes on right over top of your existing asphalt shingle roof. This keeps all those old asphalt shingles out of our landfills.
- Not having to remove shingles also saves time, costs, and carbon emissions that would otherwise be associated with removal. To remove shingles, typically there are fees and transportation emissions associated with a bin rental. Putting an environmentally friendly roof directly over top of old shingles removes the need for a bin and eliminates adding waste to the project.
- Our system is designed to shed water effectively on its own, so having an added layer of old asphalt shingles beneath it has no effect on the functionality of our metal roofing system.
Creates a Healthier Building
- A metal roof, along with proper insulation and ventilation creates a healthier building that uses less energy. A Hy-Grade Steel Roofing System can help keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter with proper insulation and ventilation.
- This means energy savings, and ultimately monetary savings on heating and cooling your home.
- See how one Hy-Grade Customer noticed an immediate reduction in their air conditioning energy use during installation here: www.1855HYGRADE.com/energysavings
- Once your system is complete and installed, most leftover materials are recyclable. Unlike old asphalt shingles that almost certainly end up in a landfill. Many of the shakes used to complete your environmentally friendly roof are also made from recycled Canadian steel.
- For more information or to get a quote for a Hy-Grade Steel Roofing System, Contact Us Here!
Save Up To 30% on Energy Bills
- Hy-Grade’s double wood strapped steel roofing system affords the opportunity to keep asphalt roofing material out of landfills while providing self-ventilation which helps save up to 30% on your energy bills.
- Convection currents of warm air rise in the 5-6cm strapping gap between your old asphalt and roof your new Hy-Grade steel roofing system taking hot attic air out with it through Hy-Grade’s roof vent at the ridges.
- Many Hy-Grade customers report comfortable conditions in rooms that were previously too warm in the summer due to this self-ventilating aspect. Along with proper attic insulation and ventilation, your Hy-Grade steel roof also saves money in the winter.